Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Google Tools Practical Reflection

Today’s entry is about project reflection which is “Google Tools Practical”. It was quite a journey using some of Googles products such as “Gmail, Google Earth, Google Searching, Blogs, Google Desktop, Google Picasa and many other useful tools. Each and every tool has its advantages and is very useful for work, family and friends in order to enhance communication and knowledge.

At the beginning of this year each student was given a tool to monitor and explain in class some of the tools I have mention earlier. Some tools were new, for instance “Google Finance” users can search for financial news or records for a desired year, “Google Reader” users can RSS their favorite news and Google Chrome” which made a huge difference in security and speed and became my default browser!

Each student was assigned to do a site using Google Sites and create all twenty tools as long as ten blog entries. Here are some of the tools that were new to me and I have benefited from: Starting with iGoogle,this unique customized search where I can put the gadgets I want on one page such as myGmail account so that I can easily check my new messages, check the weather cast date and time, my favorite games and of course YouTube. With this amazing personal web gateway, you can play, read, add and change your page. Following one, Google Sites is an online application. This application was one of the easiest and simplest procedures in creating a website. Lastly, Google Labs is a website that demonstrates Google new projects. This is a way for Google to gain feedback on the products before releasing the final versions.

Some were hard to explain and use and some were easy and understandable. Making a site is hard but Google Sites made it easier to set up your own site and customize it they way you want. What was frustrating is the amount of time given; it was good but didn’t meet other projects, deadline and exams. I rushed through making my site and blogs. Time consuming was my issue; with my wedding coming so fast and with the midterms of this semester. I have learned a lot and can express more about myself after writing entries each week and publishing my website.

To conclude, having the chance to make my own site and blog is an unforgettable experience because I had the chance to read my classmates stories and know them better, this will also help me in the near future and in my career life.

No comments:

Post a Comment